Here are our suggested best practices for scheduling request availability:
- Dates are optional, but highly recommended. Schedule the Archive Date and request availability dates by member type ahead of time, so you can set it and forget it!
- Give all member types access at some point, so you can benefit from all types of exposure.
- Make sure to always schedule an Archive Date, and keep it in mind (along with Pub Date) when setting request availability dates. You can view all dates in one place on the Request Options page.
- Benefit from visibility to all members! Collect wishes from members who can't request, then grant wishes similar to a giveaway. More info here.
An example schedule:
1. Give booksellers earliest access (for store purchasing/planning purposes)
2. Next give media professionals access (since most are long-leads)
3. Librarians and educators can usually get access around the same time
4. Last, but definitely not least: reviewers, including bloggers and online outlets